Data Privacy Statement
Staatliche Porzellan-Manufaktur Meissen GmbH is serious about protecting your personal data. In this Data Privacy Statement, we explain the kind of personal information we acquire and the ways in which we use, publicise and protect such information.
Which of your data do we collect?
In this Data Privacy Statement, “personal information” is taken to mean data or information that could be used to identify you. This normally includes information such as your name, address, email address and telephone number, but may extend to other information such as your IP address, purchasing habits or preferences and interests.
How do we access your data?
We are able to acquire personal information about you most notably from the following sources:
- We can obtain information directly from you when you provide us with personal information, e.g. when you purchase a product or service from us, register in order to obtain information, use applications, complete a questionnaire, comment on something, enter raffles or competitions, or submit an enquiry. The types of information we are able to acquire directly from you include the following: name, gender, date of birth, address, contact details (email, telephone numbers), what’s in your “shopping basket” or “cart”, order and delivery data, payment data, locational data (geodata), any user-generated content you submit to our websites and any other personal information you may volunteer to us.
- We are able to acquire personal information about you from other sources, examples being information from commercial sources such as public databases and data aggregators and information from third parties.
What use do we make of your personal information?
We can use your personal information for the following purposes:
- For the provision of products and services and to improve a) our products and services, b) how you experience our websites, and c) delivery of the products and services you wish to obtain from us;
- To contact you about products and services (e.g. information about special offers or events) that might be of interest to you assuming you have consented to this or have previously enquired about a product or service and the communication we issue has a bearing on or is connected with this previous enquiry and occurs within a timeframe laid down in the applicable laws;
- So as to prevent fraud or other prohibited or unlawful activities or to protect the safety and integrity of our websites as well as of our transactions, products and services.
To whom do we pass your personal information on?
We are able to pass your personal information on to the following entities even if they are not in your own country:
- Other companies within our corporate group;
- Our advertising, marketing and promoting agencies so they can help us put to effect and analyse the efficacy of our advertising and promotional campaigns;
- Third parties required to deliver a product or service to you, e.g. a delivery or postal service delivering a product you have ordered;
- Criminal prosecution and government authorities providing they have observed the legal process leading to their being allowed to demand that this information be disclosed;
- Third parties wishing to send you information about their products and services, but only if you have consented to our doing so;
- Third-party service providers engaged by ourselves such as data processors;
- Providers of web analysis tools such as Google.
When we pass your personal information on to another company within our corporate group or to a trustworthy third party, we endeavour to ensure that the latter store your information safely, take all reasonable steps to safeguard it against improper use, and only use it in accordance with our instructions and in conformity with this Data Privacy Statement and applicable data protection laws and provisions.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics makes use of what are known as “cookies”. These are textfiles programmed into your computer that make it possible to analyse the way you use our website. The information generated by the cookie on your use of a site is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. If, however, you activate IP anonymisation on this website from within a Member State of the European Union or any other State contracting to the Agreement on the European Economic Area, your IP address is first shortened by Google. Only in exceptional cases is the full IP address transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, compile reports on website activities, and provide the website operator with further services relating to the use of both the website and the Internet in general. The IP address transmitted by your browser in the course of the Google Analytics process is not collated with any other Google data. You can prevent cookies being accepted by setting your browser software accordingly. In our case, however, this may lead to some of our website functions no longer being fully utilisable. You can additionally prevent Google acquiring and processing data generated by the cookie relating to your utilisation of our website (including your IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plugin available via the following link (http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de).
Use of Facebook social plugins
This website uses social plugins from “Facebook” (“Facebook plugins”), the social network operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (“Facebook”). Facebook plugins are denoted by one of the Facebook logos (white “f” on a blue background or the “thumbs up” symbol) or some comparable means.
When you call up content from any website of ours containing a Facebook plugin of this kind, your browser sets up a direct connection with the servers at Facebook. Facebook transmits the content of the Facebook plugin straight to your browser, which duly incorporates it into the website. We do not, therefore, have any influence on the scope of data that Facebook accesses with the aid of its Facebook plugin; Facebook has published information of its own on this: this states that, by incorporating Facebook plugins, Facebook is informed that you have called up the applicable content from our website. If you are logged in with Facebook, Facebook is able to correlate your visit with your Facebook account. If you interact with Facebook plugins by, for instance, operating the “Like” button or submitting a comment, your browser transmits the applicable information straight to Facebook, where it is stored. Even if you are not a member of Facebook, Facebook may still be able to discover and store your IP address. Please consult the data protection information issued by Facebook for details of the purpose and scope of data collected and how they are further processed and used by Facebook as well as regarding your rights in this respect and the settings options available to protect your privacy.
If you are a member of Facebook and do not wish Facebook to collect data on you via our website and to collate them with your data stored at Facebook, you need to log out of Facebook before visiting our website. It is likewise possible to block Facebook social plugins with the aid of add-ons for your browser such as the “Facebook blocker”.
Protection of minors
Our websites are designed and intended for use by adults. Persons under the age of 18 should not transmit any personal data to us without the consent of a parent or legal guardian. We do not ask children or adolescents for any personal data.
Links to websites of other providers
Our online offering contains links to websites of other providers. We have no influence over whether such providers observe data-privacy regulations.
We take all reasonable precautions to keep your personal information safely and require any third party handling or processing your personal information on our behalf to do likewise. Access to your personal information is restricted so as to prevent its being accessed without due authorisation, altered or made improper use of; our employees and any third parties acting on our behalf are only permitted to access such information to the extent needed to complete their tasks.
What rights do you have?
You have the right to let us know that you:
- do not wish to be contacted in future;
- wish to receive a copy of the personal information we have on you;
- would like us to amend, update or delete any personal information of yours in our records;
- wish to report a case of improper use of your personal information.
Please provide us with your full name and details to help us in processing your enquiry
You can reach us:
by phone: + 49 (0)3521 468600
fax: + 49 (0)3521 4686600
or email: email@example.com
or else in writing at: Staatliche Porzellan-Manufaktur Meissen GmbH, c/o Datenschutzbeauftragter, Talstr. 9, 01662 MEISSEN, Germany. Alternatively, you can go to www.meissen.com and click on Contact.
Alterations to this Data Privacy Statement
In the course of further developing our websites and implementing new technologies so as to improve the service we provide for you, it may also become necessary to alter this Data Privacy Statement. We accordingly recommend that you occasionally reread this Data Privacy Statement.
Editing completed: 5 May 2017